Our body need detoxification, so one of the best ways to do it is to perform detox baths. These baths can help us eliminate any of the toxins from our organism. They also offer us numerous health benefits and improve our general wellbeing.
In this article, we’re going to discuss about an amazing combination: Himalayan salt with Epsom salt! When these 2 are combined, their effectiveness becomes increased. They’re both cheap, they don’t cause side-effects and they’re very effective!
Epsom salt can be found in water which is full of sulfate and magnesium. It is mineral with the looks of crystals. The food grade is different from the one for personal care.
We mostly detoxify through our skin. It is our greatest organ. Epsom salt baths can help us eliminate all of the toxins through or skin. We also absorb large amounts of magnesium and sulfate. Numerous scientific studies have proved that this is true and the best thing is it doesn’t cause any side-effects!
This type of amazing salt is considered to be one of the most uncontaminated, purest and oldest types of salt. It helps us fill our body with plenty of minerals. When we add it into our bath, we feel like surrounded by energy. Our skin absorbs all of the minerals by our skin at the same moment.
Health Benefits of Salt Bath
Both of the types of salt are filled with different minerals, but when they are combined, they offer these benefits:
- Eliminate toxins
- Increase blood circulation
- Accelerate healing of swelling, small cuts, torn or strained muscles, bruising and ligaments
- Relieves pre-menstruation symptoms
- Helps balance the pH levels in our body
- Decreases the acidity
- Soothes sunburn and insect bites
- Improves respiratory health
- Is abundant in antiseptic properties that can be especially helpful against eczema, rashes, acne, dry skin and psoriasis
- Relieves muscle cramps and arthritic joint pains
- Promotes an improved sleep, reduces stress and relaxes your muscles
- Cleanses, purifies, and nourishes your body with very important minerals
How to use this detox salt bath?
The amount of alt you should use depends on the weight of the person who will use it. Make sure the bathtub can be filled with 25 or 30 gallons of water.
Epsom salt measurements:
- For children under 60 lbs, add ½ a cup
- People between 150-200 lbs should add 2 cups
- People between 60-100 lbs should add 1 cup
- People between 100-150 lbs should add 1 and ½ cups
- For every 50 lb more, make sure you add an additional ½ a cup of salts
In case this is your first time of using this type of salt baths, start with Epsom salt. During the later baths, add Himalayan salt, too.
You mustn’t use the bath if you have cardiovascular problems, in case of burns or you are pregnant. In case you’re taking some medicines, talk to your doctor before you start with this type of detox.
Your bathtub needs to be cleaned before you perform the detox process. Add warm water of 370 C (970 F). Both types of salts can be dissolved at this temperature. The water shouldn’t be too hot in case you have problems with high blood pressure.
Don’t add any soaps, shampoos or oils in the bath. Don’t rinse it away! You should just towel it dry.
Make sure you eat a healthier and lighter meal before you perform this bath process. You won’t be dizzy.
Make sure you are hydrated well. You have to drink a lot of water before you perform the bath as well as after it. You can also drink water during the bath. Relax with some music.
The optimal time to stay inside this detox bath is about 40 minutes. All of the minerals will be absorbed into your body efficiently.
Don’t worry if you start feeling a bit dizzy. You’ll need to drain the water first and then, get out of the tub slowly.
It depends on your health if the water will be milky after you finish. It’s because of the toxins. If people are smokers or work in industrial areas, their water may be brown.
Perform this procedure twice or 3 times a week. If you can’t, make sure you do it at least once.